Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
Private and peaceful, a bird-lover’s paradise bounded by wildlife, here you will find the best of Africa’s natural offerings from a seasonal beach and flooded marshes to lush wetlands and open grasslands.
Breath-taking Chundu Island, accessible by boat, is only 21kms upstream from Zimbabwe’s legendary Victoria Falls.
Eight spacious palm thatched rooms, each with their own private deck and perfect view of the Zambezi, are nestled beneath magnificent riverine trees.
Chundu is perfectly positioned to provide guests with prime access to the Zambezi National Park, where 4×4 safaris soak up the sights and sounds of the African bush. Enjoy the wealth of the bush and Zambezi River with walking trails, river cruises and fishing.
Chundu provides the perfect foil to the bustling town’s excitement. Maximize the flight to Victoria Falls and enjoy the peace and privacy of island living, canoeing and river cruises as well as game drives and bush walks.
At a Glance
• 8 River Suites comprising of:
– 6 (Twin/Super King) River Suites
– 2 Family Suites (Super King/Twin and 2 ¾ beds)
- Emergency airhorns
- Rubber Sandals (Flip Flops)
- Adaptors, including international plug points and USB ports
- Insect repellent, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion & shower caps
- Laundry service: basic wash, dry and fold (soap suds are provided in the room for washing of smalls)
- Tea, coffee and hot chocolate tray, with flasks of boiling water delivered 3 times a day
- Electronic safe for valuables
- Overhead Fans
- In-room massage requests
- Internet Acces Limited
- Cell Phone Coverage with INT roaming
- Activities include: Sundowner cruises, Canoeing, Game drives, Safari Walks, Island walks, Fun fishing, and Visits to the Falls
- Private concession with exclusive use of the island and the ability to traverse in the Zambezi National Park
- Al-fresco and indoor dining
- Swimming pool
- Private decks