The Chobe Explorer, was built to relax, slow down and soak up the beauty of the incredible wetland that is the Chobe. The wonder of experiencing a safari lodge floating on the Chobe.
The Explorer departs from the Flame of Africa dock, behind the Spar in Kasane, at 10.30 am every morning. An on-board greeting is to be had from our smiling team with welcoming freshly baked pastries, tea and coffee.
The adventure begins when the Explorer sets off to follow the shoreline where the “twitchers” must keep a sharp lookout for a number of lifers. The bird count along the Chobe river is currently sitting at 460 species. For our guests that love the larger creatures the Chobe, she is home to the largest elephant herd in the world (with claims that the last count hit 160 000 plus animals)
Lunch is included and served in the downstairs restaurant area where a traditional braai (barbeque) lunch mouth-wateringly awaits. Our vegetarian options are especially sought after. Lunched and contented, the comfortable lounge area is among the best to stumble upon or if you are among the brave, our secret top deck has suspended shaded sun loungers and an elevated game viewing vista begging for an afternoon siesta. To complete our special cruise, we dawdle home, sundowners in hand, just in time to watch the African sun bid us farewell.
Chobe Explorer Specifications
- 220sq metres of deck space spread over three decks
- The arrival deck has a galley & a restaurant with a seating capacity of 24 people
- Middle deck has lounge suites & a bar
- Top deck has shaded swing sun loungers
- Shower & flush toilets on board
- The boat is powered by two 115hp Yamaha 4 stroke outboards
- Departs 11h00 every morning from the Flame jetty Returns 18h00
- Based on a minimum of 2 pax travelling